Information and Analysis Center for Positioning, Navigation and Timing (IAC PNT) Central Research Institute for Machine Building, Federal State Unitary Enterprise (FGUP TSNIIMASH)
4, Pionerskaya Str., Korolev, Moscow region,
141070, Russian Federation
Information and Analysis Center was established at the Central Research Institute for Machine Building
in 1995 by a decree No. 22 of March 22, 1995 signed by the Russian Federal Space Agency Director General.
Information and Analysis Center being a subdivision of the leading R&D institute of the space industry, supports State Space Corporation "Roscosmos" in the following areas:
Hardware and software complex of IAC PNT includes:
Monitoring of GLONASS performance
IAC PNT owns and operates hardware and software complex for collecting and processing high-precision navigation measurement and laser ranging data,
defining and analyzing GNSS navigation satellites ephemeris and time information, as well as for real-time and a posteriori monitoring of GNSS radio-navigation
fields parameters based on measurement data processing of global monitoring networks. Achieved by IAC PNT accuracy in ephemeris and onboard timescale shift
estimation matches the levels of the leading foreign analysis centers.
IAC PNT provides 24-hour performance control for the GLONASS orbital constellation and solves the following tasks:
- Orbital constellation status and each satellite onboard equipment performance control, including failure and malfunction records, forming technical specifications for each satellite,
- Onboard ephemeris and time information estimation,
- Estimation and quality prediction for GLONASS and GPS radio-navigation fields close to real-time mode.
Specialists may use real time information on GLONASS and GPS performance published at stat.glonass-iac.ru (authorized access).
System research and project design
Major research and project design areas conducted in cooperation with a large number of enterprises and organizations are the following:
- Comprehensive problem analysis of positioning, navigation and timing support of civil users based on the GLONASS system,
- Proposals elaboration for the GLONASS system major development trends in accordance with its technical specifications.
Studies are carried out using modern software complexes for simulations modelling of GNSS and PNT segments operation and considering advanced user requirements and world trends in satellite navigation technologies.
GLONASS development strategy and program
IAC PNT participates in the implementation of the Federal Program for GLONASS Sustainment, Development and Use for 2012-2020 and solves the following tasks:
- Analysis of the Federal Program implementation results;
- Prediction of Federal Program tasks fulfillment;
- Development and scientific and technical argumentation for draft budget submissions;
- Drafting the federal order;
- Elaboration of proposals for the Federal Program 2012-2020 correction.
Research and engineering support
IAC PNT provides research and engineering support to the GLONASS development works, including participation in the quality and reliability control of the means being developed.
The works are implemented in the following areas:
- Participation in analyzing R&D results;
- Control of spacecraft ground testing;
- Work in interagency committees, including the accident ones;
- Analysis of GLONASS satellites launch preparation results, issue of approvals.
Information support for users
IAC PNT provides users with different navigation information through its web-site www.glonass-iac.ru:
- GLONASS and GPS current status and planned changes;
- Quality estimation of the navigation satellites operation, based on the results of IAC monitoring in real-time or a posteriori mode;
- Estimation of the radio navigation field (RNF) parameters and service quality assigned by the systems (availability, accuracy);
- High-precision ephemeris and time information (ETI);
- Navigation satellites onboard ETI accuracy estimation;
- Nearest and long-term perspective of space navigation systems progress.
Center for collection and processing of satellite laser ranging data
Information and Analysis Center for PNT is an operational center of the International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS) and completes the following tasks:
- Effective coordination between the Russian network of laser ranging stations, laser measurement quality monitoring of the Russian and worldwide station network;
- Terrestrial reference system control (determination of station coordinates);
- Determination of Earth rotation parameters;
- Precise orbit determination and prediction based on laser ranging worldwide network measurements (GLONASS, LARES, LAGEOS , etc.).
Mobile instrumentation and diagnostics laboratory (MIDL)
Mobile instrumentation and diagnostics laboratory (MIDL) was designed by Information and Analysis Center for PNT.
- MIDL primary tasks:
More information about MIDL>>
- Testing navigation user equipment for defining onsite its operating capabilities in actual operating conditions;
- Local user performance evaluation of global navigation satellite systems (GNSS);;
- Plotting of high-precision monitoring reference trajectory;
- Radio navigation environment monitoring including GLONASS/GPS frequency bands.